Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Honesty in Slumdog Millionaire

So, I saw Slumdog Millionaire tonight for the second time.  It is a pretty enjoyable movie that deals with some pretty deep stuff.  I definitely suggest that you see it!
During Jamal's questioning by the local police he says, "When someone asks me a question, I give him the answer."  And it's true!  He tells the officer everything and even admits to several crimes (even murder).  When I heard him say that, it reminded me of the verse in Matthew (5:37) that reads "Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one."
We should all strive to follow this, even if it involves confessing something.  Let your answer be the truth! And, hey, maybe you'll win a million dollars like Jamal did.

No comments:

Post a Comment